Kayak fishing can be fun and exciting. With the right equipment and kayak, your next outing should be a breeze. There are tons of kayaks out there, but only a handful fit the bill as the best kayaks. You probably landed here because you were going through fishing kayaks for camping reviews.
We scoured the web to find the best fishing kayaks and we have them all in this review. We’ll cover the top 10 best fishing kayaks for camping in the market, including an overview of each product, its specifications, what’s hot about it and what’s not. Don’t forget to read the detailed buying guide at the end of the review.
Top 10 Best Fishing Kayaks For Camping
Our top 10 fishing kayaks that help you to choose your favorite kayak.
1. Sea Eagle SE330 Inflatable Sport Kayak
The Sea Eagle SE330 claims to be as lightweight and portable as it gets while still maintaining stability and durability. The kayak weigh about 32 pounds, being able to fit in just about any car trunk size. It fits 3 people of up to 650lbs.
However, it’s best suited for two persons.
The manufacturer has been in the market since 1968 making similar products to the Sea Eagle SE330. The product boasts superior one-way valves and improved strength in construction. In the end, they claim you get strength, reliability and durability on the water.
It takes less than 10 minutes to set up the kayak. They also claim it’s meant for both professional and beginner level kayaking.
- The exterior measures 11 feet long by 2 feet wide, while the interior measures 9 feet long and 1 inch wide.
- When deflated, it measures 24 inches long, 16 inches wide and 7 inches wide for portability.
- The tube diameter is 9 inches.
- Supports two adults weighing 500 pounds maximum, with an allowance of an extra 150 pounds.
- It weighs 26 pounds when set up.
- Has three chambers; the port, starboard and floor.
- It is made of 33 mil polykrylar for durability and a high frequency welded seam. The floor is made of inflatable I-beam construction.
- Takes 6-10 minutes to assemble, one person assembly.
There are a couple of features that make the Sea Eagle SE330 special including
- Lightweight - with just 26 lbs to work with, it’s considerably lightweight compared to industry standards.
- Easy assembly - doesn’t require an experienced mind to set up the kayak, needing just two hands to get it up and floating.
- Can support up to 650 pounds - ideally carries about 500 lbs, with an extra 150 pounds allowance for luggage and your catch.
- Poor quality material
- Unstable for two people, easily tilts
The Sea Eagle 330 canoe packs down to fit in a storage bag, yet has enough cargo space for several days’ worth of camping supplies. And it's versatile enough for plenty of uses, from fishing to yacht tending to skin-diving.
It can even handle up to Class III whitewater. Other details include inflatable spray skirts, front and rear rope handles, and a self-bailing drain valve (a handy feature on Whitewater Rivers or ocean surf).
This pro version of the Sea Eagle 330 also comes with two 8-foot AB30 paddles, two kayak seats, a foot pump, and a storage bag. The kayak measures 134 inches long and 34 inches wide and carries a three-year warranty.
2. Sevylor Coleman Colorado
Take home your catch limit with a buddy after a day in the Sevylor Colorado 2-Person Fishing Kayak. With 18-gauge PVC, a thick tarpaulin bottom and a tough nylon cover, this kayak is durable enough to get you to your favorite out-of-the-way fishing hole. Just in case, though, the multiple air chambers will help you get back to shore.
The adjustable seats will keep you paddling comfortably the whole trip. But if you want to move more easily, you can always add the Sevylor trolling motor and store your paddles in the convenient holders.
The Berkley Quick Set Rod Holders let you adjust your pole angle for the ultimate hands-free fishing experience. With your hands free, it's easier to take care of your gear, which stores nicely in the mesh pockets or attached to D-rings.
- 18-gauge PVC construction is rugged for lake use, NMMA certified
- 1000D tarpaulin bottom and 840D nylon cover provide durable protection from punctures
- Multiple air chambers allow another chamber to stay inflated if one is punctured
- Airtight System is guaranteed not to leak
- Berkley Quick Set Rod Holders are adjustable for enhanced hands-free fishing
- Sevylor trolling motor fittings expand your fishing capabilities
- Paddle holders secure your paddles out of the way
- Boston Valve is double threaded for easy inflation/deflation
- Mesh storage pockets keep gear and snacks close at hand
- D-Rings are an easy way to attach other equipment
- Portable and tough
- Stays afloat even with a leak
- Great quality construction material
- Spacious for luggage accommodation
- Limited warranty period
With sturdy construction and durability to stand the test of time, this product is definitely a worthy buy for kayaking in most lakes. You won’t have to worry about space, it packs a ton of space leaving enough room for a comfortable kayak.
3. Sea Eagle SE370 Inflatable Sport Kayak
Race down the river or cruise a mirror-smooth lake at dawn in the Sea Eagle Sport kayak. It holds up to 650 pounds, but weighs only 32.
Easily portable, it carries upto three people and gear, but can be transported and used by one adult alone.
You can even bring your dog out on the water--the rugged PolyKrylar hull is tough enough to withstand dog paws and claws. The SE370 packs down to fit in a storage bag, but has cargo space for camping gear and other supplies. It can be used for paddling, fishing, yacht tending, or skin diving. You can even take it on the river as it can handle whitewater up to class III.
- Interior: 10 feet, 8 inches by 1 foot, 1 inch
- Exterior: 12 feet, 6 inches by 2 feet, 10inches
- Deflated: 31 by 19 by 8 inches
- Tube Diameter: 9 inches
- Capacity: 3 Persons or 650 pounds
- Weight: 32 pounds
- Chambers: 3 (port, starboard, floor)
- Material: 38 mil PolyKrylar (K80 PVC)
- Seam: High-frequency welded
- Floor: Inflatable I-beam construction
- Air Valves: 5 deluxe one-way
- Inflation & Assembly time: 8 minutes
- Lightweight and portable inflatable sport kayak
- NMMA Certified
- Self-bailing drain valve
- 3 deluxe one-way valves
- Lashed-down inflatable spray skirts
- I-beam construction floor
- 2 skegs on the bottom for better tracking and speed
- Pressure gauge and repair kit
- Bow & stern grab line
- Rugged PolyKrylar hull is tough enough to withstand dog paws
- Construction material not as durable
The Sea Eagle features an extra thick 38-millimeter Polykrylar hull, an I-beam construction floor for extra rigidity, inflatable spray skirts, removable inflatable front and rear seat, front and rear rope handles, and a self-bailing drain valve (a handy feature on whitewater rivers or in ocean surf).
It also features two molded kegs for tracking and speed to track smoothly across the water, and high-frequency welded seams that fuse the material into one solid piece. The PolyKrylar hull is strong enough to withstand dog paws and claws. That’s one of the main reasons why we included this model in our best fishing kayak for camping.
4. Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120 Angler Kayak
The Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120 Kayak is a versatile kayak that you can use in everything from the surf to the calm lakes to the bays.
Of the Tarpon products, the Tarpon 120 is by far the most popular!
The Phase 3 AirPro Seat is very comfortable and the Keepers Foot Brace System keeps you steady and always in a good position for paddling.
For storage hatches you'll have two spots: one at midship and the other at the bow so you can bring along plenty of gear without worrying where to store it. You'll also have gear storage pockets, a big tankwell and a spot to store your beverage.
- Type: Light Touring (12ft.-14ft.)
- Hull Design: Sit-On
- Length: 12ft. 0in.
- Kayak Width: 30 in.
- Weight: 63 lbs.
- Material: Polyethylene
- Number of Paddlers: 1
- Weight Capacity: 350 lbs.
- Bulk Heads: None
- Hatches: Bow
- Deck Rigging: Bow & Stern
- Seat: Phase 3 AirPro Sit-On-Top-Seat
- Easy to transport
- Strong and sturdy construction
- Best for flatwater paddling
- Heavy for one person kayaking
- Rudder sold separately
This kayak packs a punch, no doubt. The SlideTrax Accessory System will allow you bring equipment to maximize your fishing if you're out trying to catch some fish. If you want a kayak with plenty of performance, versatility and tons of space then definitely check out the Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120 Kayak. Features: SlideTrax Accessory System, Self-Bailing Scupper Holes, Gear Storage Pockets, Cupholder.
5. Advanced Elements AdvancedFrame Kayak
The Advanced Frame is a combination of the best of folding frame kayaks and inflatable kayaks. The Advanced Frame kayak's bow slices through water like a knife and tracks just as well as any hard shell kayak. Built-in aluminum ribs help define the bow and stern and improve maneuverability greatly.
The stern also acts as a skeg, further increasing the kayak's tracking performance, a factor we take seriously while compiling our fishing kayak review.
The Advanced Frame IK uses 3 layers of extremely durable materials to resist the chance of puncture. The heavy-duty 30-gauge PVC main chamber is protected by a high density polyurethane-coated polyester inner cover and a tough PVC Tarpaulin with 1000 Denier Polyester outer layer.
A double layer of material on the bow and stern, and welded-on landing plates increase protection when beaching the kayak. There is plenty of on-board storage room for extended trips in this kayak as well. The breathable foam mesh back support of the padded seat sets you up for all day paddling comfort.
- Built-in aluminum ribs define the bow and stern and improve tracking
- 3 layers of material for extreme puncture resistance
- Pre-assembled at the factory. Simply unfold, inflate and attach the seat
- High support, adjustable padded seat provides comfort for hours of paddling
- Looks and paddles similar to a rigid hard-shell kayak with the portability of an inflatable
- Puncture resistance
- Comes pre-assembled
- Adjustable padded seat for added comfort while paddling
- Heavier than most kayaks of its size and type
The best part is that the Advanced Frame sets up in just a few minutes and is compact enough to take along on a weekend adventure. Keep it in the trunk of your car, and paddle whenever you want.
Or pack it into a remote wilderness area and paddle where no one has paddled before. Simply inflate with a pump and hit the water in minutes.
The included carry duffel bag makes storing and transporting easy. With the looks and paddle-ability of a rigid hard shell kayak with the portability of an inflatable, the Advanced Frame IK has it all!
6. Sevylor Big Basin 3-Person Kayak
Take your family on their next water adventure in the Sevylor Big Basin 3-Person Kayak.
The heavy-duty PVC construction and rugged tarpaulin bottom makes it ready for anything from a calm lake to easy whitewater.
Just in case you do hit a snag while you're out there, the multiple air chambers will help you get back to shore. The adjustable seats make the ride more comfortable no matter how far you explore, while the spray covers help keep you dry during your trip.
- Heavy-duty PVC construction is rugged for lake use
- Tarpaulin bottom provides durable protection from punctures
- Multiple air chambers allow another chamber to stay inflated if one is punctured
- Airtight System is guaranteed not to leak
- Boston Valve is double threaded for easy inflation/deflation
- Adjustable seats move to fit you
- Spray covers block splashes to help keep you dry
- Fits three people
- NMMA certified to hold up to 490lbs.
- Inflated dimensions: 12 ft. 3 in. x 3 ft. 1 in.
- Ideal for lake fishing
- Accommodates three people comfortably
- Spray covers to keep you dry
- Not ideal for rough water fishing
- Uncomfortable for heavy loading
This kayak is built with the small-town fisher in mind. With a sturdy construction and heavy duty PVC construction, you’re guaranteed safety, durability and functionality during your fishing expedition.
7. Intex Challenger K1 Kayak
The nimble, durable Challenger K1 kayak is made of durable welded material with eye-catching graphics for added safety on the lake or slow-moving river. The streamlined craft slips easily through the water, and its cockpit is designed for comfort and maximized space.
Inflatable I-beam floors add stability, and an 84-inch oar and high-output hand pump are also included.
- One-person kayak with low profile design
- Cargo net to store extra gear
- Grab line on both ends of kayak
- Inflatable floor for comfort and rigidity
- Inflatable seat with backrest
- Comes with 84-inch aluminum oar, high-output hand pump, and repair patch
- Measures 30-by-15-by-108 inches (W x H x D)
- 27.2-pound weight
- 220-pound maximum capacity
- Sturdy construction
- Inflatable seat improves functionality
- Only fits one person
- Not enough room or support for heavy loads
Unlike traditional airbed construction, high-strength polyester fibers do not stretch over time. This bed is ultra-strong, ultra-light and ultra-convenient, which is perfect for the Great Outdoors! The smooth, puncture resistant surface and inner construction eliminates bumps for a refreshing night's sleep.
8. Intex Explorer K2 Kayak
The Intex Explorer K2 Kayak is sporty and fun with a streamlined design for easy paddling. The bright yellow color and sporty graphics makes the kayak highly visible in the water. Great for experiencing lakes and mild rivers with a friend, this Sports Series kayak is perfect for two adults.
Lightweight and compact, this kayak is a snap to assemble, and allows you to take the fun of kayaking wherever you go. Made with rugged vinyl construction, this sturdy kayak has an inflatable I-beam floor for comfort and rigidity.
A removable skeg provides directional stability, while two adjustable, inflatable seats with backrests are included for comfort. Quick inflating or deflating is a breeze with a Boston valve on each side. A grab line and grab handle at each end is provided for your convenience, as well as a U.S. Coast Guard I.D., and a repair patch kit.
The Explorer K2 Kayak provides added accessories including: two 86”aluminum oars and an Intex high-output pump for easy inflation and deflation.
- Kayak includes an adjustable inflatable seat with backrest;Cockpit designed for comfort and space
- Dimensions: Kayak measures 20 x 36 x 123 inches.Maximum weight capacity: 400 pounds
- Removable skeg for directional stability
- In case of emergency, bright yellow color helps visibility
- Explorer K2 is made for smaller bodies of water including lakes and mild rivers
- Comfortable for Anyone
- Compact design
- Directional stability
- Increased visibility
- Made for smaller bodies of water
- Not as durable
- Not ideal for extended kayak fishing times
This Intex model combines directional stability with increased visibility for kayaking in reefs, ponds and backwaters. Perhaps you may not want to take it for a float on large lakes and rivers, definitely not the ocean.
However, it scores well on maneuverability and that’s why it makes it at number 8 in our best fishing kayaks for camping.
9. The Ocean Kayak Prowler 13
The Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler One-Person Sit-On-Top Fishing Kayak combines high performance with all the features an angler needs. Ocean Kayak's performance hull is fast, stable, and quiet, with a frame designed to handle calm or rough waters.
- Length: 13 feet 4 inches
- Seat width: 19.5 inches
- Width: 28 inches
- Weight: 56 pounds
- Capacity: 325 pounds
- Ocean Kayak's performance hull is fast, stable, and quiet, with a frame designed to handle calm or rough waters.
- A durable, four-way-adjustable Comfort Plus seat supports all-day paddling, with comfort for any body type.
- The Prowler 13 Angler's large easy-to-open Click Seal front hatch offers easy access to bow-to-stern internal storage and accommodates multiple rods for safe storage below deck.
- Easily store coolers, crates, tackle boxes, bait wells, and SCUBA tanks in the rear oversized tank well.
- Includes two cup holders and two paddle keeps; measures 13 feet 4 inches and weighs 56 pounds; capacity of 325 pounds.
- Not ideal for rough water kayaking
- Only seats one person
A durable, four-way-adjustable Comfort Plus seat supports all-day paddling, with comfort for any body type. The Prowler 13 Angler's large easy-to-open Click Seal front hatch offers easy access to bow-to-stern internal storage and accommodates multiple rods for safe storage below deck.
Easily store coolers, crates, tackle boxes, bait wells, and SCUBA tanks in the rear over sized tank well. Includes two cup holders and two paddle keeps; measures 13 feet 4 inches and weighs 56 pounds; capacity of 325 pounds. Lifetime warranty on the hull.
10. Driftsun Voyager 2 Person Tandem Inflatable Kayak
Hit the Water in Minutes! The Driftsun Inflatable Voyager Kayak the ultimate compact solution for those who looking to cruise, paddle and explore rivers, lakes and streams but don’t have the room to store and transport an expensive, heavy, hard shell kayak.
Built for comfort paddling, exploration, fitness paddling, and touring. This package combines the highest quality materials, workmanship and top notch accessories. Driftsun Inflatable Kayaks were born on the lakes and rivers of Northern California. Thoughtfully designed, constructed and tested by a team that lives to paddle.
- Load Capacity: 2 person or 450 lbs
- Hull Weight: 27 lbs
- Inflated Dimensions: 10ft X 35" X 16"
- Deflated Dimensions: 26" X 16" 8"
- Valve Type: Boston Valves
- Material: 840D Nylon Oxford Fabric Tube Covers
- Floor: Tarpaulin Base
- Inflation Pressure: 2 PSI Side Tubes and Floor
- Inflates quickly in less than 5 minutes with the included deluxe high flow double action hand pump.
- Compact & maneuverable: it’s lightweight design makes it easy to handle by one person, weighing in at only 27 lbs.
- Durable design: double threaded boston valves are guaranteed not to leak, and tough 840d coated nylon oxford fabric top cover is rip and tear resistant.
- Extra performance: rocker profile and pointed nose entry (bow) delivers excellent performance in both calm and choppy waters
- Limited warranty
This Inflatable 2 Person Kayak can be used for tandem or solo paddling. The pointed nose entry (bow), ‘V’ shape hull, continuous rocker profile, and removable tracking fin provides excellent performance in both calm and choppy waters. While high volume side tubes offer unmatched stability and buoyancy.
The heavy duty PVC Tarpaulin bottom provides durable protection from punctures, Double Threaded Boston valves, and tough coated 840D nylon oxford fabric tube covers are rip and tear resistant. Bow and stern handles are provided for easy put-ins / take-outs and plenty of storage is available with front and rear bungee compartments.
How To Choose A Fishing Kayak For Camping – Buying Guide
While investing in a fishing kayak for camping, you don’t want to spend money on a crappy vessel that might end up as junk you’ll eventually throw away. It can be really frustrating investing in a wrong product. But with proper guidance and tips, you won’t go wrong with your next prized acquisition.
So before you even think of buying a kayak, here’s what you need to know.
Before you buy a fishing kayak, consider speed versus maneuverability in relation to the length of the kayak. Depending on the type of water you’re going to use the kayak on, the length of the kayak is an important aspect of your experience.
Longer kayaks (12 feet and longer) are best suited for lakes, big rivers and oceans. Shorter kayaks (11 feet) favor maneuverability, thus best suited for local waters including ponds, creeks and backwaters.
Depending on your body weight and height, stability is key while shopping for a kayak. If you’ve got a bigger body, you should consider a longer, wider kayak that won’t tip over at the slightest instability.
Perhaps the most overlooked feature, having your storage options in check can go a long way in determining how good your kayaking experience will be.
Some kayaks come with coolers and milk crates, internal hatches and more. So, depending on your equipment needs, storage is definitely something you want to look into while reading fishing kayak for camping reviews.
A kayak’s keel (a fin-shaped plastic unit that sticks down into the water from the kayak’s hull)improves speed and tracking. Some kayaks have integrated keels, others have retractable ones while others don’t have keels.
If you’re fishing on shallow, rocky waters, opt for either a kayak with a retractable keel or none at all. If you’re fishing in deep, open waters, it would be more efficient to paddle with a keeled kayak.
While modern kayak manufacturers have made great strides to make kayaks as portable and lightweight as possible, there are still considerations to make. Heavier kayaks are considerably more stable and durable.
However, it would be really inconveniencing if you have to carry the kayak over long distances. Lightweight kayaks are not as durable, but can be really convenient while hauling your kayak over a long distance to the water.
Ultimately, this fishing kayak for camping review only guides you to your choices while shopping for a kayak. Before investing in a kayak, consider the factors that surround your fishing situation.
Bigger, wider and longer kayaks are built for large water bodies, while their smaller options are best suited for creeks, ponds and backwaters. Combining these and other features, accessories and most importantly the cost will reveal the best fishing kayak for you.